If you want to build your dream home, then you’re in the right place! As New Zealand’s premium new home builder, we have over 80 ‘Ready to Build’ house plans to choose from – all architecturally-designed, and perfectly suited to the New Zealand environment.
But with so many home plans to choose from it can be a little overwhelming. So, we have highlighted our Top 10 Ready to Build House Plans.
Our most popular plans are chosen for both their aesthetic appeal and for their innovations and design nous. The list includes award-winning plans, ex-showhomes, options for sloping or smaller sites, and plans suitable for city, coast and country.
We hope these plans inspire you to build your very own Landmark!
NUMBER 10: TEWA
This striking family home has wow factor – and is perfect if you’re trying to capture some breath-taking New Zealand views. It has three spacious bedrooms, but a loft can be added to bring that up to four.
The Tewa is designed in a classic Central Otago style, but lends itself to any New Zealand landscape – from countryside to coast, and everything in between.
In this unique design, two pavilions with sloping ceilings and 2.7m ceiling height are connected by the kitchen, laundry and dining areas – which feature floor to ceiling sliders opening to a sheltered courtyard.
he master suite (separate from the other bedrooms for privacy), offers a sumptuous ensuite, walk in wardrobe, and sliders to the great outdoors – making it a beautiful retreat for the homeowner.
A loft area can be added over the garage as an extra bedroom or activity space. This is a real family home with well-planned spaces, and a perfect layout for entertaining. Click here to download the Tewa plan.
- Classic Central Otago style
- Kitchen, dining/living and master bedroom open to sheltered courtyard
- Sloping ceilings and windows in lounge and master bedroom
- Cedar/weatherboard cladding with stone chimney detail
- Spacious bedrooms
- Large floor-to-ceiling windows and sliding doors
- Loft over garage to create an extra living space or room for additional storage
- 262.7m2, suitable to an East/West orientation
NUMBER 9: ORINI
Our ‘Ready To Build’ plans are designed as thought-starters and the award-winning Orini is no exception! We have 3 sizes available in this stunning plan – so it can be adapted to fit your section size and budget, without losing its street appeal and fantastic indoor-outdoor flow.
The Orini is a traditional Pavilion style home that is perfectly suited for country, city and coast. Accessed via a welcoming entrance, the roomy living spaces wrap around the spacious kitchen which forms the hub of this home and opens directly to the outdoor portico. The four large bedrooms form a separate wing with wide hallways enhanced with ‘picture windows’ to view outdoor garden features. A gracious home with a real sense of luxury. This home won a Silver at the House of the Year in Waikato when it was built. Click here to view the Orini plan.
- Pavilion style roof
- Indoor outdoor connection with picture windows
- Outdoor entertaining area under large portico
- Extra height windows for sun-soaked living areas
- Painted brick and weatherboard cladding
- A larger house at 280m2 – but we have 2 smaller options available at 268m2 and 253m2.
NUMBER 8: ABEL TASMAN
The Abel Tasman is popular due to its versatility – it can be built in either the traditional, contemporary or ever-popular pavilion styles, and can be altered to fit a smaller site if required.
The Abel Tasman design is all about great living. The living spaces are generous, and the family room is open plan with kitchen and dining areas. A separate lounge is easily joined with large cavity sliders.
Indoor-outdoor flows through French doors from each room and allows you to enjoy the great outdoors at any time of day in a private area. A large scullery complements the kitchen with great storage and extra work surfaces.
This home is ideal for sites running east – west, so the entry and garage face south and the spacious bedrooms and living rooms benefit from all day sunlight. The master suite has a luxurious ensuite and walk in wardrobe. French doors open to outdoor living areas. Click here to view the Abel Tasman plan.
- Large family kitchen with generous scullery
- Cedar and plaster combination cladding
- Luxurious master suite and 4 bedrooms in total
- Spacious open plan living with great indoor-outdoor flow
- Separate internal laundry with outdoor access
- This house is 235.7m2
- Having been designed to fit a corner site, it is a good fit for a rectangular-shaped sections.
NUMBER 7: CAMEO
Mindful of your budget? The Cameo has been designed as an economical build, suited to city or coast, with a much-loved traditional look due to the weatherboard cladding. If you’re looking for a comfortable and idyllic family home, without breaking the bank, look no further.
A really versatile home, with a superb family friendly layout. The Cameo focuses on real living, with a large pergola and portico roof allowing you to enjoy the outdoors even in doubtful weather. And the kitchen forms the ‘hub’ of this family home in its central position. Fully clad in weatherboard, with gable details, and long-run roofing, this home fits any environment, whether it’s the beach, country or city. No surprise then that this house has been built a number of times in the provinces – Taranaki, Taupo, Whakatane and more. Click here to view the Cameo plan.
- Weatherboard cladding with traditional gable detailing
- Open plan kitchen, dining and living
- Work from home option with a study adjoining entry
- Three bedrooms, two bathrooms, and a double garage – perfect for families
- This house is 194.5m2 and well suited to a smaller site
NUMBER 6: ACCOLADE
The Accolade is a compact home that packs a big punch, with an expertly-designed layout that is offers four bedrooms and two bathrooms in a 170m2 footprint! Perfect if you want to house a large family on a smaller site.
A compact and functional home. Designed to catch morning and afternoon sun in the living areas, the Accolade has four bedrooms and two bathrooms packed into a well-planned footprint. Permanent materials and smooth lines make this home a classic design. Click here to view the Accolade plan.
- A well-planned footprint that is perfect for smaller-sized sites
- Morning & afternoon sun captured in living areas
- Only 168.4m2 but still has 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms
- Beautiful indoor-outdoor flow with sliding doors opening out from living/dining/family rooms
NUMBER 5: NORTHLAKE
Got a long or narrow site? This plan could be perfect for you. Despite being ‘skinny’ the Northlake is still a spacious four-bedroom family home. (Including a separate media room, play room…or man cave!)
The Northlake is designed in classic Central Otago pavilion style. A spacious open plan living, dining, and kitchen area is flanked by the master suite and garage on one side and the family room and bedrooms on the other. This layout is ideal for family living or hosting guests as it provides separation and privacy.
The Northlake is still a good sized family home with a well thought out layout that is particularly suitable for families with teenagers – the family room or media room is at the same end of the house as the family bedrooms, and separated from the master by the living spaces.
The exterior is presented in Linea weatherboard and Scyon Stria board. Sheltered outdoor areas are created by the living pavilion. Regardless of the wind direction there is always a sheltered corner where you can enjoy the outdoors. Click here to view the Northlake plan.
- Four bedrooms all on one level
- Classic Central Otago pavilion design
- Family bedrooms and media room separated from master suite
- Combination Linea weatherboard and Stria cladding
- 2.55m ceilings throughout with sloping ceiling in living and kitchen
- This house is 216.4m2 and perfect for an East or West orientation
- A fantastic plan for a long narrow site – it is 27.1m long by 16.0m wide
NUMBER 4: CARDRONA
An adaptable plan that is suitable for sloping sites – and perfect for anyone wishing to capture stunning views! Love the iconic outdoor Kiwi lifestyle? The H-shaped floor plan creates usable outdoor living spaces that are sheltered from the wind and elements all year round.
An ideal design for a site sloping upwards from the access point. Basement garaging elevates the living areas to enhance any possible views. Indoor outdoor flow to ground level occurs at the rear. Expansive open plan living connects family bedrooms with the master suite which is positioned for maximum views. This is a versatile 268m2 home that can tame an awkward site. Click here to view the Cardrona plan.
- Central Otago pavilion style
- Sloping ceilings in living and master bedroom
- Outdoor entertaining area on expansive, sheltered decks
- Extra height windows for sun and views
- Cedar cladding with stone features at entry, making this a striking home
NUMBER 3: WAKATIPU
A super family friendly design – the kids bedrooms are well separated from the rest of the house, with their own bathroom, so any mess can be hidden. This is a very popular, and very large, house plan!
Central Otago style with a modern twist characterises the Wakatipu design. High sloping ceilings in the kitchen, family room and dining area are complemented by extra-height windows to maximise sun and views. The living areas are open plan, but double cavity sliders to the lounge give real flexibility. The master suite is separated from the guest suite with an ensuite and family bedrooms. This is a very special home, which won a Trends Top 30 House Award. Click here to view it now.
- Stone chimneys and cladding with plaster exterior
- Cedar fascia, shutters and pergolas
- High sloping ceilings in kitchen, dining and family rooms
- Separate guest suite with ensuite
- Gas fire in lounge and family rooms
- Extra-height windows for sun and views
- With 5 bedrooms this is a spacious 309.5m2 plan
NUMBER 2: COROMANDEL
The best of both worlds! This ultra-modern design is popular because the beautiful entertaining spaces are separated from the bedrooms, affording a lot of privacy – while also being an entertainer’s dream!
A substantial house, the 262m2 Coromandel design is an upmarket, ultra-modern version of the very popular Central Otago pavilion style. Add in light and airy louvered gables and extraordinary outdoor living options and you have the ultimate home for coastal and summer lifestyles. A stack bond block wall leads you through the gallery style hall, past a second lounge to the private open plan living areas. This is a home that is perfect for entertaining. Click here to view the plan.
- Pavilion style design with a coastal flavour
- Sloping ceilings in open plan living areas
- Stack bond block feature wall in entry
- Extraordinary outdoor living – and incredible space for entertaining
- Large master suite separated for privacy
Last, but certainly not least (we know you’ve been waiting for this one) our most popular plan…
NUMBER 1: LAKESIDE
Number one in New Zealand thanks to its incredible versatility and impeccable design – the sun-soaked Lakeside can be built in multiple styles, and looks stunning in each of them! Not only that, but it can also be built in two sizes, too, making it suitable for both small and larger sites.
Inspired by our popular Wakatipu design, the more compact Lakeside features high sloped ceilings in the kitchen, dining and family areas, and striking 2.7m high ceilings throughout. A separate lounge is accessed through double cavity sliders off the more casual living area and all living spaces have a flow to the outdoor areas. The master suite, positioned for morning sun, is separated from guest or family bedrooms. This 264m2 floor plan can be built in multiple styles (Contemporary, Traditional, Pavilion, and Mono-Pitch) making it incredibly versatile, and it has been built as a larger home at 302.9m2, with an extra en-suite, larger living area and different kitchen. Click here to view the #1 Lakeside plan.
- Central Otago pavilion-style design
- High sloping ceilings in kitchen, dining and family rooms
- Gas fire in lounge and family room to keep it cosy and snug
- Extra high windows to capture sun and views
- Abundant storage and spacious rooms
- Weatherboard and plaster exterior
Haven’t seen something that’s right for you just yet? Loving looking at our plans and just want to see more? Click here to view our Ready to Build Plan Collection, to view all of our ever-growing portfolio of plans, and talk to our New Home Consultants about the plan that suits you.